Available for freelance, contract & full-time employment
- Produced a wide range of design work for varying clients including textile design, soft product accessories, outdoor furniture, graphics, exhibition, and design & build of a mobile living space.
2017 - Present
Jonathan S. Igharas | Make Shift Creative
Freelance Multidisciplinary Designer
USA, Canada, Philippines
- Lead industrial designer, product developer, and engineer of furniture, lighting, and accessories for studio collection, custom products, and special projects.
- Produced technical drawings, 3D packages and manufacturing instructions for production & assembly.
- Oversaw local & overseas vendor relations and managed production, detailing and finishing, maintaining quality control & product integrity.
- Assisted Creative Director with product research, design & development for seasonal collections.
- Shot product photography, post-processed files and managed image archive for web & print use.
- Produced graphic & layout designs for printed catalogs, presentations and marketing collateral.
- Provided general task assistance to streamline furniture upholstery production line / workflow.
- Digitally laid out & prepared fabric patterns to be cut and sewn according to fabric type and style.
- Operated industrial CNC fabric-cutting machine and supplied textile packages to sewing department.
- Co-founded studio as a platform for representing a new generation of Vancouver-based creatives.
- Oversaw all aspects of running a creative entity, from project management and art direction to final design.
- Co-designed and lead a variety of projects for retail, commercial and public space environments.
- Designed and founded a public service and platform for artists & musicians to play and promote their music.
- Directed identity & branding design and oversaw business development, marketing and social media.
- Raised over $11K through Kickstarter.com to design & build The DJ Trike 2.0, launching in NYC 2015.
- Produced technical drawings, 3D models and hand-renderings to be presented to prospective clients.
- Re-designed a digital photo booth to be used at events that pushes photos to social media platforms.
- Worked with Creative Director and R&D team to develop new product experiences & digital interfaces.
2005 - 2009
Emily Carr University of Art + Design
Bachelor of Design, Industrial Design
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Design Academy Eindhoven
Exchange Student, Department of Man + Living
Students for Development Program with Winaca Foundation
Cross-cultural Internship, Sustainable Design & Development
2003 - 2005
Associate in Arts & Sciences, Studio Art
Bellevue, WA, USA
2001 - 2003
University of North Carolina at Asheville
Liberal Arts, Pre-Engineering Program
Asheville, NC, USA
ADDITIONAL TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
Artist in Residence, Inherent Design Program
Banff, AB, Canada
Social Entrepreneurship Startup Business Camp
Artist in Residence, Cross-cultural Craft Collaboration
Certificate in Frame Building, Cromoly Brazing
Portland, OR, USA
Rhinoceros, Solidworks, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, Digital Photography / Videography, PC & Mac Operating Systems
Hand sketching & rendering, Drafting, Model prototyping, Pattern-making, Sewing, Woodwork, Metalwork, Welding, Brazing, Mold-making, Ceramics, Metal-casting
Available upon request